a third-party ship management company
providing in-house technical and crew management services for all types of vessels, worldwide, with particular focus to offshore (wind) support.
fully certified, and rest our ship management services on 4 pillars:
SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW AND MLC
a company with two management models:
- hybrid management system
- outsourcing management model
presently active in the following market segments,
- conventional shipping (cargo I pax I ro-ro I ro-pax)
- offshore wind support (SOV I CTV I CSOV)
- O&G support (PSV I AHTS I sub-sea I standby)
- ocean-going tugs
providing the following main services:
- technical management
- crew management
- operational management
- newbuilding supervision
- tender management
- supervision & consultancy
- vessel inspections
- procurement services
- accounting & financial services
- insurance management
- distressed asset management
- hotel & catering management
- personnel services
ISO's and DOC's
We are a recognized and trusted partner and service provider in the maritime sector, including offshore and renewables and are currently carrying the following Documents of Compliance:
- DOC Bahamas (Passenger, Other Cargo)
- DOC Bahrain (Other Cargo)
- DOC Cyprus (Other Cargo)
- DOC Denmark (Other Cargo)
- DOC IOM (Other Cargo)
- DOC Malta (Passenger, Other Cargo)
- DOC Marshall Islands (Passenger, Other Cargo)
- DOC Panama (Other Cargo, Passenger)
Having stringent rules and procedures in place enables us to effortlessly acquire the DOC's from any required flag.
We are ISO certified:
We are present or represented in 12 countries via our own- or group companies:
with our main office located in Tallinn, Estonia. By being where our clients are, we guarantee the personal touch, speed and flexibility with all projects.
We are big enough to make a difference but small enough to know you.
Our shore staff comes predominantly from maritime background, having served on sea. Our superintendents have all considerable seagoing experience.
We serve all latitudes and attitudes and neither melt nor freeze.
Our main focus.
The Company offers ship management services to Shipowners world-wide. By way of performance, operating plans, systems and business ethics it is Company vision that Shipowners shall recognize the Company as a leading technical Shipmanager with all due care and special expertise concerning operation of their vessels.
The Shipowners have first priority in all actions, and it is the intention to secure the best possible cooperation and satisfy their demands. To meet these requests the Company has an well-educated, dynamic and flexible organization, which in any case operates independently to the benefit of the Shipowners.
The Company directs its efforts to minimize off-hire and operating expenses without compromising the necessary maintenance. The Company always feels responsible to comply with the Company policies which ensure the safety of lives, protect the environment, the Shipowners and their vessels including cargo. Therefore, the Company procedures comply with national and international requirements in order to secure good and safe management.
The Company objectives are to execute safe operations and cost effective shipping services and other services within the Group’s scope of work within the following standards:
- Zero fatal injury, zero spill, zero pollution of the environment, zero fire or material damage. In order to achieve this, the crew has the right and duty to stop hazardous work and report same to their principal in order to make corrective measures before the work may continue.
- To comply with regulatory requirements to ascertain:
- A safe and healthy working environment for our employees ashore and on board in order to minimize the risk of occupational injury or illness
- Protection of employees against physical and mental harm
- Safety in operation, including environmental protection
- Emergency preparedness in office and on board
- To continuously improve safety-management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related to both safety and environmental protection.
- To take into account applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the Tschudi Group, Administrations, Classification societies and Maritime industry organisations
- To meet the market demands, and maintain the reputation of being an efficient and reliable Company / Managing Owners.
- To support the Clients' opportunities by the satisfaction of their contractual expectations
- To comply with contract specifications
- To minimise time off-hire caused by breakdowns, or due to personal or technical failures
- To preserve Company assets
- To maintain positive credit ratings
- To achieve budgeted economic results, allowing for financial consolidation and fleet maintenance and renewal, as necessary to keep up safe and reliable services.
History: Nordic roots - Global reach
Today our Group is owned by the 4th and 5th generations of the Tschudi family. Our daily business is run by the Management Team, with Felix H. Tschudi as Executive Chairman.
Effective corporate governance is the foundation of a well-run business. Through our governance, we set clear responsibilities for our management, employees and partners. Operating in several geographical markets, we combine local and international practices for good corporate governance.
We are an adaptable family business with a long tradition of innovation. Our values are based on a solid foundation of four generations but our core business has changed. Following market trends, we adjust to current situations and new markets accordingly.
The Group, originally a ship-owner, is now a maritime transport, logistics and ship management provider, with several business activities in Northern-Norway.
Located in 12 countries, our teams work within different fields but we collaborate on projects as much as possible. That comes especially handy in providing Offshore Support services. By combining the forces, we are more resourceful, and competitive and provide you with a comprehensive ship management service and experience.
Creating value by daring to be different
We dare to solve tasks with new methods and creative thinking rooted in our core values:
Be ahead! Create opportunities.
We take opportunities and think options.
We act before a solution becomes a problem or even better turn it into an opportunity.
We are committed to our core values.
We support and respect new ideas, our customers, colleagues and owner.
This is only possible if you are committed to and trust your colleagues so that everyone can contribute positively.
We respect our colleagues and clients by delivering on time and give reliable feedback and support.
We gain the customers trust and respect by delivering above their expectations.
We respect differences in culture and personalities.
Our focus on the environment
We act as a responsible corporate citizen, living our values in relation to the businesses, societies and environments where we operate. We try to leave no footprint and if we do, to make sure it's a positive one.
How did it start
Our history dates back to 1883 when the shipping company Tschudi & Eitzen AS was established. The founders were both Captains onboard the world's first sailing tankers. At this time, Norway was ranked as the third biggest seafaring nation after England and USA.
In 1883, Captain Camillo Eitzen gave up a life at sea and returned to Norway to establish a business on land. He was joined in 1891 by his friend Captain Henry F. Tschudi and together they were the first partners in the shipping company Camillo Eitzen & Co. later renamed Tschudi & Eitzen.
A new era started for Tschudi Shipping Company AS in 2003 after the demerger from Tschudi & Eitzen into two separate companies. A new company required a new logo. Both our logo and funnel mark carry history - read more here.
As a result of division of the business - Tschudi Shipping Company AS became 100% owner of former TESMA Estonia AS which was renamed on March 10, 2005 to First Baltic Shipmanagement AS and as of October 1, 2007 continued its business activities under new name – Tschudi Ship Management AS.
All business activities of the Company continued as before, and Tschudi Ship Management AS continued to offer technical, safety and quality ship management and crewing services to the TSCGroup as well as to the third party owners.
Today the Tschudi Group is owned by the 4th and 5th generation of the Tschudi family. Third generation, Captain Henry F. Tschudi was engaged in the family ship-owning business from 1945 – 1992.
Each generation has been entrepreneurial and committed to new strategies thus creating a memorable and exciting history spanning over several generations.
Our vision “Creating value by daring to be different” has been clearly reflected over the years. We have a long history and for the Group’s 125th anniversary a film highlighting memorable events was released. History never dates and today it is just as interesting and informative! You can also read more about our eventful past in our History section.